Usually I try to run or work out before I get home from school. Sometimes this means meeting friends to run, sometimes I run at school as the “Girls on The Run” coach, and sometimes I run at a nearby park before I get home. If I do decide to run on my treadmill at home, I have to run straight up stairs, put on some running clothes, walk to the treadmill, and start immediately. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. If I sit down for even a second the likelihood of actually running drops and continues to drop the longer I stay seated. Does anyone else have this problem?
All I can think when ever I get home for a run or finish running on the treadmill is how fast can I make dinner? It is a serious struggle trying to not eat every snack in my pantry while I am cooking dinner. I also am on the look out for delicious meals I can cook fast! I usually look through cookbooks and modify recipes to either make them faster, or healthier. Zack got this cool cook book for Christmas and I have been using it for inspiration the last few meals.
Last night, I attempted to “adult” a classic kids meal. We had Chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries with a avocado lime dipping sauce. It was delicious!
Ingredients: Chicken breast, One egg, Bread Crumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the chicken breasts into white ever sized nuggets are your preference.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Pour breadcrumbs onto a small plate.
- One at a time, dip the chicken nuggets in the egg, then the breadcrumbs and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, turning the nuggets over half way through.
Sweet Potato Fries:
Ingredients: One Sweet Potato, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning to taste.
- Cut the sweet potato into fry sized pieces.
- Spread over parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Season to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes or to preference.
Avocado dipping sauce:
Ingredients: One Avocado, Lime juice to taste, salt, pepper, and three leaves of fresh basil.
- Cut open the avocado, scoop out the fruit, and place in a small bowl.
- Smash and whip the avocado with a fork.
- Stir in Lime juice, salt, pepper, and basil.
- Place on plates to dip chicken in.
Serves two (Plus I had some left over chicken nuggets for lunch today!)